Spouse/partner support when relocating
We offer support services to spouses/partners and not just to individuals who are being relocated to take up a new professional role. Quite often the reason for relocation is a new job opportunity, but what happens if your spouse or partner also relocates but has to not only leave their old life behind but also their career and family support?
From our experience of working with all types of relocation we know that if a spouse or partner is not looked after in the relocation process its likely the new professional role is not going to work out in the long run, particularly if you also include children in relocation considerations.
Recruitment and then relocation costs time and money but if the rest of the family are not looked after it will still not be successful for all concerned, so it worth considering not only the needs of the professional that you are recruiting, but also their family circumstances.
As a team QRC can assist with:
- Orientation – helping people to make the most of what is in their immediate neighbourhood and finding the places they need to know about
- Networking and making introductions to other like-minded individuals, specific interest groups or professional bodies
- Introductions to recruitment specialists who can assist a spouse to find professional opportunities for themselves in Jersey or Guernsey
- Be a trusted, neutral sounding board for any problems or concerns that can then be resolved as quickly as possible
- Provide information as required to make a positive transition to island life
To find out more about how we can support your spouse or partner please contact us
Guernsey Office: +44 (0) 1481 257200 Jersey Office: +44 (0)1534 854574