Whatever your reasons for relocating to Jersey, it is likely that you will have questions about the tax system and there are things that it is helpful to understand before making a decision to move. In partnership with Garry Bell, who leads the PWC Channel Islands’ Private Client Tax Practise, we have filmed a series of short videos answering some of the most common questions which prospective newcomers to Jersey ask about tax.
Garry is a Law Graduate, Chartered Accountant and Chartered Tax Adviser who has specialised in tax in Jersey for 18 years. In addition to advising on the local tax, housing and business licensing rules Garry has also advised on UK tax residency issues. He has significant Jersey corporate tax experience and has advised large banks, fund managers, investment managers, fiduciary service providers and local trading businesses on all aspects of Jersey tax. Garry is Chairman of the Jersey Branch of the Chartered Institute of Taxation and a regular speaker on tax issues at conferences and seminars.
Please note that these videos are for general information only. We recommend seeking advice specific to your personal situation and can arrange for you to meet with an expert, qualified to provide bespoke, confidential advice according to your circumstances.
When considering relocating to Jersey what seem to be the main attractions?Our other videos in this series:
- Video 2: How do the housing rules work in Jersey, can anyone rent or buy property?
- Video 3: What attracts business? Are there any restrictions on starting up or moving an existing business to Jersey and what are the key advantages?
- Video 4: What advice would you give to individuals looking to relocate purely from a taxation perspective?
- Video 5: Applying for the high net worth regime – What criteria need to be met and how is this status applied for?
- Video 6: Breaking residence – What is required to demonstrate your change of residency from the UK?
- Video 7: Moving to Jersey for a few years – What should people who move to Jersey for just a couple of years think about from a tax perspective?
- Video 8: Paying UK Tax – If people move to Jersey will they still have to pay any tax in the UK?
To access the full set of ‘Jersey Tax FAQs’ videos please enter your email below:
For a confidential discussion and advice please contact us on:
Office: +44 (0)1534 854574